Wednesday, August 31, 2011


I planted an Indigo Spires Salvia and Pink Illuminations Caryopteris in the 'One of Everything' garden. I moved some of the Daylilies in the Daylily Fountain Garden to spread out the colors more.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Planting and transplanting

I moved the Gold Mops from the front to behind the garage because it has burned too much. Also moved the Ogon Osmanthus to the side of the garage. Planted Drops of Gold (replacement) in the front and 4 Setcreasea cuttings in near the bermuda lawn. Planted Thundercloud Sedum in the front. Planted an August Minaret Daylily in the Daylily Bed and moved one of the others.

Thursday, August 25, 2011


I mulched the Sky Pencils with wood chips.

Mow and edge

Mowed and edged all lawns.


I planted the Pink Frost Illicium behind the garage, the Musella lasiocarpa in the pool area, moving the Rudbeckia to do so, Little Diamond Cyrptomeria in front and moved the Coreopsis Santa Fe that was being mushed by the sprinkler head to the berm. I moved the Angelina Sedum and Sedum rupestre from the daylily bed and planted them in pieces around the Sky Pencils by the garage.

Saturday, August 20, 2011


Deadheaded the Bicolor Butterfly Bush.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Hardcape and mulch

On Tuesday August 16th. started the process of dismantling the garage path and replacing the mulch on the bed on the side of the garage with the cypress mulch from the path.
On Wednesday, put in place stones around the garage side bed and raked all the cypress mulch into piles. Finished mulching the garage side bed.
On Thursday I sprayed with 1 gallon of RoundUp and starting moving the stones to the flume.
On Friday I covered with pinestraw.


Fertilized the Bermuda.

Thursday, August 18, 2011


Sprayed 1 gallon RoundUp in the back behind the garage.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mow and edge

Mowed and edged all lawns.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Transplanting and planting

I moved the Golden Chains Arundo donax to the opposite side of the lot near the Chindo Viburnum and potted up the Ethiopian Calla once again to try and revive it in the conservatory. I planted 6 cuttings of Lamb's Ear by the Ever Red Loropetalums near the golf course.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Potting up

Potted up the Mahonia gracilipes and the Shorty Euphorbia for convalescence.

Weeding and deadheading

Weeded and deadheaded the perennial bed

Friday, August 12, 2011


Deadheaded the Shasta Daisy.


Pinestrawed the right property line bed to the bottom of the path, plus the bed in front of the little windows in front. Finished mulching the daylily bed.

Thursday, August 11, 2011


Pinestrawed the Hide the Hydrant bed.

Herbicide and weeding

Hand weeded and 1 gallon of RoundUp in the One of Everything bed. Another 1 gallon for the rest of the front and the right side. Hand weeded the Island bed and Turret bed and the right property line in front.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011


Spectricide for ants in the area inside the pool fence.


Pinestraw the fountain end of the pool fence garden.

Herbicide and weeding

Hand weeded and used 1 g RoundUp inside the pool fence. Did a little around the screen porch and behind the garage.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011


Edged the croquet lawn.

Planting, transplanting, potting up

I potted up the Golden Promise Cryptomeria to move it out of the sun more and also the Lemon Beauty Box Honeysuckle because it was not doing well. I planted the remaining hibiscus seedlings in the pool area. I also planted the purple leaf elephant ears between the croquet lawn and perennial bed to help loosen the soil. I potted up 3 Oleander cuttings that had been rooted in sand. I moved up a cutting of Kumson Forsythia to a larger pot. I potted up the Cliftonia because it had not grown at all and I moved the Indigofera ambylantha that Betty gave me closer to the path. Planted the Ajuga Bronze Beauty by the helipad.

Monday, August 08, 2011

Potting up

I potted up the Carolina Sapphire because it seemed to be fading.

Mowing and edging

Mowed the croquet lawn and bermuda and edged the bermuda.

Sunday, August 07, 2011

Mowing and edging

Mowed and edged the pool lawn and front lawn.

Saturday, August 06, 2011


Mowed the top and bottom property edges.

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Planting tropicals

I planted the new tropical bed with the Shrimp Plant, Cape Honeysuckle, Russellia, Abutilon, Acalypha, Bird of Paradise, Cordyline, Cavendish Banana.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Potting up

I potted up the Spirit Viburnum because it was not growing and also the Fuchsia.

Tuesday, August 02, 2011


I created a new tropicals raised bed using landscape timbers, 14lbs pearlite, 5 bags of compostost, and top soil.